Moments from my heart journey. Spontaneous and unrefined revelation.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Destination: Pemba, Mozambique

Pemba Center
Where I will be staying for 7 of the next 10 weeks.
These are all pics from the mission center I will be at in Mozambique.

The Holy Given School of Missions has a required list of books to read before we finish school. I have read almost all of them already so that I don't have to carry them along in luggage, and although I don't like to finish books, I have finished these, and they have been awesome.

Book List

Some of them particularly life changing and faith challenging. I recommend any of them. My favorites were "There is Always Enough" which explains the idea/faith behind the whole ministry I will be with in Mozambique; "Peace Child" which is the story of a missionary to a cannabal tribe and how they were changed with the power of the gospel, and "Like a Mighty Wind" which is the story of what happened to a small Indonesian church when the Holy Spirit brought his own revival there. All of them are quick to read and narrative, story style. Some of my new favorite books. If you read just one, and want to understand what I am doing/think i am doing, read "There is Always Enough" by Heidi and Rolland Baker, the missionaries who started the ministry 10 plus years ago that now includes the school I will be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment