Moments from my heart journey. Spontaneous and unrefined revelation.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Big God

God is so good. His promises really are true. We have a sliding glass door and window markers and mirrors setting against the wall, maybe to be hung up someday and maybe not. Last week we wrote up the verse "Sounds of violence will no longer be heard in your land, nor sounds of devastation and destruction within your borders. You will name your walls 'Deliverance' and your gates 'Praise'." Isaiah 60:18

Last week we got to walk out some of God's promises to us. He has promised me that his fruit comes from intimacy and that if I choose the one thing that matters, if I choose what Mary chose, he will be glorified and His kingdom will come to earth right here all around me. If we will believe, we will see his love transform, our lives and others and the world.

As a house we have been practicing waiting on the Lord. And abiding in him and his presence. What a life shift for me. Anyway, so far, that has meant that I don't have the answers, or the magic miraculous solution or the precise prophetic word from God or anything that seems wam-bam perfect. I just find myself being challenged over and over again by the Lord saying, "will you trust me? will you believe that my word is true? Do you believe that I will complete the work I have begun? Do you believe that I am living and active even when you don't feel or hear or see? Do you believe that I heal even when you don't see how? Do you believe that my love is enough?" And this week he showed all of us that he does transform lives by the powerful simplicity of his love. He showed me that 'when we confess to each other and pray for each other we will be healed'. Its true. He does the work.


John 6 reminds me of the challenge. [They replied, "We want to perform God's works, too. What should we do?" Jesus told them, "This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent."]

Believe, believe, believe. Abide, abide, abide. Contend for my presence. It is worth protecting and contending for. I am worth it. I am worth everything, all of you. All of you. Will you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment