Moments from my heart journey. Spontaneous and unrefined revelation.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

transition between chapters - "At Home"

This week has seemed quite long enough, as has the whole month, and I there is a part of me that is very ready to just go ahead and be there. Its kind of like the feeling that one might have after finishing up a semester of school in another state, and can't return home for several weeks, but is really done with what they came to do at that place for that time.... and looking forward to going home, but can't yet. Thats how I feel, even though I am 'home' in Allen techinically. This has become more of my launch pad, where I touch down and rest between new places and journeys and temporary homes. Of course I know that this world altogether is not my home, but also I know that God has brought a chapter to a close in my life, and the next one starts in Mozambique. That is my next temporary home. And the thing about my temporary homes is, that because it is God who designs them and goes before me and behind me in them, wherever they are they are strangely comfortable and familiar, even if I've never been there before, and i think even if I don't speak the language(that theory is about to be tested). That is the gentleness of God in my life, I feel very at home in him. (As King James would say, I feel at home because I know that he is with me withersoever I goest)

So here I am, resting in transition, and also anxious to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment