Moments from my heart journey. Spontaneous and unrefined revelation.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Im Here

Well here we are. I'm sitting on Denea's lap in an internet cafe in Pemba. We just bought a peach soda down the street and handed one to a handicap guy selling pens. everywhere we go there are people wanting to sell jewlry and have long stories about how long its been since they've eaten. God is challenging my "ändrea theology", I am finding out that the gospel of andrea is not enough. The gospel of Jesus is the only one big enough, the whole story. He is very big. God is up to much more in the world and with all nations and bringing his people to him, much more than I really believed.

Culture shock you might wonder? yes, for sure. But good. very good. There are people everywhere, God has brought all kinds of people to school here (Russia, Norway, Brazil, Holland.....) and little kids running around everywhere, and begging kids at the beach, and new pastors from villages in Mozambique, who act very quite and humble to us because of the language and culture barriers.

We spend hours and hours a day just worshipping, and thats what they call class. Deliverance and crazy kinds of hallelujah expressions... Its a very animated scene, and a whole different culture shock.

I have been sitting in the courtyard of the Kingdom of God, and happy to tell about the great things inside, but now he is inviting me inside. He always has been, but I have not wanted to go. It is one thing to know about the work of the kingdom of God and it is another to be a part of it myself. scary. but God is patient in bringing me in.

Love you guys,

I will probably not write more than once every week or two, but i'm journalling so i can fill you in later. P.s. i do kinda like this place

Andrea

5 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Your thoughts here remind me of that old, yet wonderfully powerful, Petra worship song, "Take Me In."

    "Take me past the outer courts
    into the Holy place
    past the brazen altar
    Lord, I want to see Your face
    pass me by the crowds of people
    and the priests who sing Your praise
    I hunger and thirst for Your righteousness
    and it's only found one place

    take me in to the Holy of Holies
    take me in by the blood of the Lamb
    take me in to the Holy of Holies
    take the coal, cleanse my lips, here I am"

    Press in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the "anonymous" above, in case you're wondering.

    Allister

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are enjoying it yet being challenged. (though the gospel according to Andrea is always a good read ;0)) I don't know if you "heard", but I got into the January school. So...I'm stuck here for 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks allister, thats very much what i'm beginning to experience here. he is faithful to draw us in!!

    ReplyDelete